Where are you???



            It’s cold, not the weather; the solitude. The weariness in eyes, the longing in mind, and the lusterless prosaic; makes me ruminate where am I headed, is this what I wanted?

            Today, my hair are soft, with a sweet aroma of fresh henna, eyes dawned with kohl, am dressed in blue, the color he likes the most; people say I look different, than all days, burnished and dreary. All eyes on me; some appreciating my appearance, some wondering what day it might be for the change and others just staring, clueless, for who I was.

            Amidst all this attention, I search for those pair of agnizing eyes, where are they? Where are you? Isn’t it a big day for both of us? Why can’t I see you? Or it’s just a playful banter, you hiding away from my sight. And as soon as you envision my concern, you’d appear with that playful smile, extended arms; for me to melt in them.

            But what is this, minutes passed by, and its hours now, and days; you didn’t appear. Is it because you were busy, or may be not well, or maybe you forgot, it was our big day.

            The eyes are wavering away now, muttering under their breath. They are no longer interested; it was a waste of time, with course of time they return to their mundane routine. I feel numb; there is nothing in my mind. There are people who look at me with ruthfulness; there are a few with acerbic gaze. I feel nothing, why can’t I say something, anything… There is, just this strange warm, wet feeling; my pillow lies soaked, with tears.

            My hair still soft, with a sweet aroma of fresh henna… but where are you??? You still not there, were you ever here…???

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice. how do you come up with so many descriptors?
Khyati said…
Generally I don't have to think a lot, it is just what i feel.. Sounds like a cliché but is mostly true ;)