Practicing Believing....

                  And the world went silent, when the sound of heart grew faint & breathing went from being shallow to aught. The pain subsided too, it was a state of nil-desperandum. The world grew quieter, colder & lonely. 

                  Nothing could have explained my queasiness that dark night. I just felt like forgetting something, which how so ever hard tried I couldn't retrieve. I finally gave away the mentation, this fidgetiness had become a routine these days. And the very next day news was confirmed. 

                           The light of spirituality in our lives was led by our Gurudev, he is in our lives since 2003, he guided us through the ups and downs. Always supported and encouraged faith in self, and substantiated the power of religion in defining the belief and faith in self, in oneself. 

                 We talk of spirituality or religion in a very different light these days. But what really matters is faith. When properly understood, it can transform an individual's life, help uncover the hidden characteristics & traits. 

                  The faith & belief I was taught is not that of religion, but faith in oneself, in my ability to achieve goals, faith that thoughts can turn into things, faith in my own vision & faith in the power that created & is creating & recreating the world within which we exist. 

                  Faith in this sense equals belief & certainty that we achieve the dreamt goal. This kind of belief & faith strengthen the motivation to act & to do things & help to maintain the positive attitude necessary for success. 

                 I had been a very sceptical teenager, I recollect it now that I perhaps was implausible about everything. He was the one who was able to breakthrough my garbled, befuddled brain. 

                 There was a trust, an unfailing one at that which I found in him, in his philosophy & teachings. He never did speak, but with his gestures fathomed insecurities of my teenage brain & continued doing this even after I was a grown up. There was this bond which strengthened with time.

                      With him gone, the only alleviant with him gone, is this thoughts imbibed within us. The trust that I developed in the power of mantras, the spiritual peace attained through it; it was my belief and it got me through distressful circumstances. The power of peace, is the anchor of spirit; and even in the most difficult of situations the mind anchored in peace exhibits its knowledge of peace and its faith in knowledge. 

                         I spoke of faith & belief as equivalent; probably its not, again it depends on how you look at it. Belief is a product of the mind, but faith is not. Faith is a product of the spirit. The mind interferes in the process of faith more than it contributes to it. We can believe an abstract truth, but as a result of our human limitations, we can never really know. And even our individual experiences with the same truth can collide. 

                 It is my faith & belief, as I have practiced, to find him guiding my way through the life, I don't need him there all along physically but more spiritually. He could be kept alive in his own words and mantras, in our practices, in thoughts and belief; and it could be turned into faith, after all. 

Rest In peace!
Jai Gurudev!

Comments